Try this super delicious & healthy meatball with zucchini noodles recipe: www.usn.co.za
500g lean beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped (keep one half aside for sauce)
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp. crushed garlic
½ tsp. basil, chopped or dried
½ tsp pepper
1 tbsp. olive or coconut oil
1 tsp organum, dried or fresh
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 sachet tomato paste
½ cup hot water
1 packet of zucchini noodles (zoodles)
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
2. Place mince, chopped onion, garlic, egg, basil and pepper into a bowl. Combine well. Shape into meat balls and place on a sprayed baking tray. Put into oven to cook, cook for 15 mins and turn meatballs then cook for another 15 mins until golden brown.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add organum, tomatoes and tomato paste, heat through and add hot water. Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 mins.
4. Remove meatballs from oven and place in sauce pan with Italian tomato sauce. Simmer gently over low heat for 5 mins.
5. Steam/microwave zucchini noodles for 2-3 mins and place in bowls.
6. Serve meatballs in tomato sauce over zucchini noodles.