Why limit banana flavor to bread? Try this recipe by Jaquelyn Kastelic, Optimum Nutrition athlete and owner of Crossfit Unrivaled. Break the standard baking mold by serving up a batch of these fruit-flavored pancakes.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1-2 scoops 100% Vanilla Whey
- 6 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 whole banana
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Sugar-free maple syrup, to taste
- Preheat your pan to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl mix eggs, 1/4 cup coconut flakes, 1/2 of a mashed up banana, and 1/2 drop liquid Stevia.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave and add to mix.
- Stir in flax meal and protein to a desired creamy consistency. Add cinnamon.
- Pour on pan and cook a few minutes on each side.
- Once all pancakes are made, slice up the remaining 1/2 banana and top the pancakes with zero-calorie maple syrup.
Serving Size (1 pancake)Recipe yields 8