Frosted Coconut Protein Cupcakes
Jamie Eason LiveFit Trainer Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops (servings) vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Xylitol brown sugar
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 4 oz. (half container) Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine brown sugar, applesauce, yogurt, egg whites, coconut milk and coconut extract, stirring until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a 1/4 cup as a scoop to fill muffin tins.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- 4 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (microwave for 15 seconds)
- 2 cups Xylitol confectioner’s sugar
- Mix together with an electric mixer until smooth and refrigerate.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Use flaked coconut as garnish on top.
Recipe yields 12 cupcakes Amount per cupcake (no icing)
(with icing and coconut flakes)
Icing (recipe yields 24 servings)
*Macros will vary depending on your choice of protein powder.