Pumpkin Protein Bars
Power-up on protein with these tasty bars! Spices like cinnamon and clove will awaken your flavor palate while alternatives to butter like applesauce spell a lower fat content while still providing the moisture necessary for a delicious cake.
- 1-2 tsp of Stevia powder
- 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce ( or unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops 100% Vanilla Whey or White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients and mix together.
- Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Then cut into 30 squares.
Serving Size (1 square )Recipe yields 30