Cellulite occurs in up to 95% of the female population. Cellulite does not occur as a result of being overweight – although weight can contribute to the problem – and many thin people also have cellulite. There is not a lot of forthcoming information or research on the negative effects of a low pH level, especially when it comes to one’s appearance and health status. An optimal pH level in the human body is 7.4, and an average is around 6.3 and many people are a lot lower. Many women are unaware that a body that is more acidic may actually help to cause cellulite amongst other health problems.
Adopting a more alkaline diet and ridding yourself of acidic foods may help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Here is a closing thought – one glass of a carbonated beverage has a pH of 2.5. You would have to drink 30 or more glasses of water with a pH of 10 to neutralise the effects of this! Raising and maintaining an optimal pH level could help you get rid of cellulite.
Top tips on cellulite management:
1. Any effective cellulite reduction programme includes cardiovascular exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is best performed early in the morning on an empty stomach at a moderate to high intensity. The benefits of a cardiovascular/ resistance combination based training plan have been proven to be most effective at long-term weight management and sculpting.
2. Cellulite is fat. It is stubborn because it gets caught between bands of connective tissue. In order to reduce fat, you need to alter your diet. A well-developed diet can only benefit your health.
3. Another important exercise element for cellulite reduction is strength and conditioning movements (resistance). Resistance training can include free-weights, machine and body movements to increase muscle tone and target cellulite prone areas. The compounded benefits of resistance training include an improved tone and definition, improved muscle function and co-ordination, and increased metabolic and thermogenic function as well as an improved bone mineral density, which can ward-off osteoporosis later in life.
4. You need to be aware that you have a goal to reach. Look at the bigger picture, but understand that there are many short-term goals to achieve first. Make sure that you are following the diet, training plan and using the right supplementation along your journey to a cellulite-free physique. Do an Internet search for a role model, and keep this picture on some ‘high-traffic’ areas in your home and office so that you are constantly reminded of what you want to achieve. This way, you will remain motivated.
Exercises that help reduce the creation and appearance of cellulite:
1. Start with your legs a little wider than shoulder width apart. Keep your gaze forward, lift your shoulders up, back and around and stick your chest out. Your abdominal muscles should be gently contracted into your straight spine.
2. Bend your knees and lower your body, as if sitting down in a chair on a slow count of four. Do not allow your knees to extend past your toes. Keep your weight on your heels and stick your backside out.
3. Return to the starting position on a slow count of four. (Variation: When you return to the starting position, slowly lift one leg straight and behind you. Lower the leg back down and when your foot hits the floor, immediately begin your squat again and repeat with the other leg.)
1. Take a large step back so that your feet are staggered. Plant your front foot and lift your back heel so that your weight is pressed into the ball of the back foot.
2. On a slow count of 4, gently let both knees bend, being careful not to let your front knee go past your toes.
3. On a slow count of 4, rise back up to the starting position and contract the muscles in your backside and hamstrings.
Tip: Keep your torso straight, perpendicular to the floor. Don’t pitch forward as you lunge.
Isometric exercise means that the muscle contracts but doesn’t go through a range of motion. Here’s how you can do an anti-cellulite isometric exercise.While standing, contract the areas of your body that have cellulite, namely your backside hips and thighs. You should have your pelvis shifted slightly forward with your abdominals tightened in towards your lower back. Hold in this position for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose. Next, shift your pelvis back, sticking your backside out and contract all of the above muscles and hold for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose.
Finally, bring your legs shoulders width apart and lower your body as if you’re about to sit down. Stay in this position and contract your muscles for 30 seconds while breathing through your nose.
Plank-Raise Toner: Lie down flat on the floor with your arms by your sides. Put your feet up on a chair. Lift your whole body up from below your shoulders. This means that your head neck and shoulders will be on the floor and the rest of your body will be in a diagonal line (plank.) Try to have your lower body take your weight without putting too much strain on your arms.
Next, slowly lift one leg up slowly for a count of 10 seconds and lower slowly for a count of 10 seconds. Now switch legs and do the same. Keep your abdominals contracted while you do this.
Ok so it was measurement day and I am happy about my results…
I did not go to the gym this morning but went this afternoon for some Cardio and to work in my Shoulder/Abs workout.
Things didn’t quite turned out the way as planned. First of all it was very rushed for the zumba started at 16:15 and I worked until 16:00.
The first NO NO, was when I forgot to drink my mid-afternoon Diet fuel shake! I was to rushed and decided to have a apple on my way to gym, that also didn’t happen!
Got to the gym and had an awesome Zumba session – but I must admit I overdid it today. After 789kcal calories burned later I was exhausted. But as you know this “give it my all” attitude I decided to go and do my Shoulder and Abs session that I missed this morning.
Well two exercises or so later I started feeling very dizzy and not ready to go further. I told my sis we must rather go and give it another go today. I was glad I made that decision for you must always listen to your body.
This is a RULE FOR ME!
This was my day supplement and diet wise:
Wake up: 2 x Phedra Cut Ultra XT
Breakfast Meal 1:
2 Pieces Wheatbix with water was again to rushed to cook oats
2 x CLA 1000’s
Mid-morning meal 2
1 Scoop Diet Fuel + 1 Green Apple
30 min before lunch:
2 Phedra Cut Ultra XT
Lunch meal 3:
Rye bread, half tin tuna and cucumber
2x CLA 1000’s
16:30 – 2 Phedra Cut Ultra XT
DID NOT HAVE MY DIET FUEL SHAKE! BIG NO NO
Gym Evening Session: Zumba Cardio
Gym: 16:22 pm
Calories: 789 kcal
Calculated fat: 19%
Duration: 1 hour and 33 min
Average heart: 159 Maximum: 195
Maximal performance improving
I only did the first two today and will work in the rest tomorrow!
2 Skinless Chicken Drumsticks +- 100 gram
Mixed Veggies (Green beans/Broccoli/Carrots)
4 Cucumber Wheels
After Dinner: 2 CLA 1000’s