Healthy Burger Recipe by Neill Anthony
This looks so good what do you think? Note my add in the beginning 😉 still feel so proud of what I have achieved!
Recipe by Neill Anthony, as seen on Expresso this morning (@USNSA Ultimate Sports Nutrition)
This recipe is ideal for people watching their diet because everyone thinks that burgers are fatty and loaded with carbs, but these are tasty, healthy and use mushrooms instead of a burger bun.
½ cup cooked quinoa
2 skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
1 Egg white
4 large black mushrooms
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Sweet potato wedges
Cottage cheese mixed with fresh chilli
1. Place the quinoa and chicken into a bowl and season with salt.
2. Mix the egg white in and mix thoroughly, then form 2 chicken burger patties.
3. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and place onto a hot griddle pan along with the burgers.
4. Place some olive oil in a pan over heat and add the onions then sauté until brown then add the tomatoes and season. Cook until all the liquid evaporates.
5. To serve, place two mushrooms on the plate, top with a burger patty, cottage cheese and leaves.
6. Top with the other mushrooms and serve the wedges alongside.
I’m definitely trying this one 🙂
Posted on April 19, 2012, in Daily Post and tagged chopped tomatoes, Claudine Kidson, dinner, Expresso SABC 3, food, Healthy Recipe Chicken Burger, Neill Anthony, skinless chicken breasts, ultimate sports nutrition, USN South Africa, vegetarian. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.